Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Word Wednesday

Discombobulate - a slang word meaning to confuse or upset.


I like the way it bounces around my mouth as I pronounce it. It is a good word for early April as the weather is very confusing to people, plants, and animals. Cold, frosty mornings that still demand a warm jacket, hat, and gloves. The mercurial sun that teases us with glimpses of warmth that we have yearned for during our snowy winter.


I find the struggling economy and strife very discombobulating too. But I don't want to dwell on it as the media circus certainly makes sure we're aware of all the dread details.


So here's hoping your days and your lives are not too discombobulating, but that you might have an opportunity to interject today's new word into conversation. (:

No comments: