Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ordinary Moment


The simple gesture of holding someone's hand, the sharing of warmth, the immediate sense of familiarity is so comforting. Something that is so everyday ordinary and yet it is so special.

I often sit with my mother talking or watching television and we will occasionally hold hands. There is always a tender squeeze that says “I love you". Sometimes I am taken back to my childhood, walking hand-in-hand with my mother; the memories are warm and loving. We would play a game with my mother squeezing my hand a certain number of times and I would respond with the same number of squeezes. In silence, walking along, back and forth quick successions of squeezes in attempts to fool the other person. Such a simple game but it is embedded in my memory of a happy childhood.

When next you hold someone's hand be it friend, spouse, child, or family, savor the moment, the sensations, and simply enjoy.

1 comment:

COOKIE_LADY1170 said...

Beautiful picture and wonderful words of love and devotion.