Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Morning Sweets

What a lovely way to start Sunday morning, or any morning for that matter, than with a homemade quick bread.

This morning I made two loaves of Lucinda Scala Quinn's Coconut Bread, which smelled delicious as it was baking. Here is the recipe: http://www.marthastewart.com/348472/coconut-bread

I followed the recipe exactly except that I used sweetened coconut as that is what I had available, and for extra crunch and sparkle I topped the bread with coarse sugar. The bread is light and not too sweet and plenty of coconut flakes give it a wonderful chew. I topped my slices with my homemade Pine-Cot Jam (pineapple-apricot), yummy!

Definitely give this bread a try if you like coconut, it will become one of your baking staples.

3 comments:

Paul Roulo said...

The bread looks great but I would leave out the coconut myself. But I must say that the cutting board looks great in the photo.

Scott Roulo said...

The bread does look very tasty,and what a shock that Paul would comment on the cutting board...lol

LisaR said...

I can attest the bread was delicious, no jam on mine, just butter. Yum!