Friday, March 6, 2009

03-06-09

I looked at the today's date and I immediately thought of clapping game and song that my sisters and our neighbors used to do when were young, called 3-6-9. Two people clap their hands together in a simple pattern while singing the song, but they try to go faster during the second verse without breaking the clapping rhythm.

My two sisters and I could pair off and do it so fast our hands seemed like they were a blur. We'd try to stay focused as we went faster, but sometimes we'd just look at each other's silly faces and break up laughing, losing the rhythm. In the end our hands were always red and a bit sore, but we never stopped playing the game.

3-6-9
Three, six, nine, goose drank wine,
Monkey spilled tobacco on the street car line,
Line broke, monkey got choked,
And they all went to heaven in a little row boat.

My mommy told me if I were goody,
That she would buy me a rubber dolly,
So please don't tell her,
I kissed a 'feller,
Down in the cellar,
The other night--Oh what a sight!


My clapping partners and sisters: Renee and Lisa.

1 comment:

COOKIE_LADY1170 said...

What a cute picture..can I get a copy of this one?