Monday, March 23, 2009

Wok with me!

Tonight, for the first time, I got to play with a belated Christmas gift from my friend Barb. It is a wok set complete with tools and a bamboo steamer!

I didn't have a lot of time, so the wok's quick cooking was perfect. I sauteed the chicken in a bit of oil first and then removed it from the wok, added some frozen stir fry veggies (I cheated a little) to cook, next I poured in chicken broth brought everything to a boil and then added fresh bean sprouts and then thickened with a corn starch slurry. Very fast and easy!

I served my Chicken Stir Fry over some nice whole grain white rice. After I took the picture I added some Chow Mein noodles for some crunch. My mom and I both thought it turned out great. It was fun too! I'm going to try out the bamboo steamer on some fish in the near future.
Thanks again Barb!