Friday, March 13, 2009

Precious Pup

I have always loved animals, especially dogs. We didn't have any pets when I was young, growing up in a large family of nine children there wasn't a lot of room or money for a pet. I used to hope I would find a little puppy in the bushes or that a little lost dog would follow me home. Of course, I would then be allowed to keep this dog as the family pet.

Eventually, our family did get not one but two black Labrador Retrievers, Deja Vu and Casey. They were great dogs and they gave my parents, siblings and me much joy and love.

The current canine love of our lives is Sable, a chocolate Labrador Retriever. She is beautiful (as you can see) and is quite a character. She is constantly making us laugh with her antics, she keeps us all young. Sable may not have been lost and followed me home but she is still a dream come true.

3 comments:

LisaR said...

Wouldn't it be funny if she laughed like the cartoon precious pup?!?

Sue said...

That wouldn't just be funny, it would be hysterical!!

COOKIE_LADY1170 said...

I love Sable, but I miss Casey and Deja.